Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Heart

If my heart could talk to it would say:

Heart: “Why don’t you listen to me?”
Me: “I do listen to you.”
Heart: “Then why don’t you believe everything I say?”
Me: “I listen most of what you say.”
Heart: Would then list all the things I don’t listen to and blather on and on about this and that.
Me: “I didn’t believe those things because you were wrong about those things.”
Heart: “Let me guess, because the brain said it was wrong?”
Me: “No because the brain brought up points.”
Heart: “Why do you always believe your brain over me?”
Me: “I know my brain is wrong sometimes but have you noticed that the things I believe my brain over you on are on the state of reality.”
Heart: “OK I will give you that. But you also believe it on how the world works.”
Me: “Yes because you are not very good at how the world works.”
Heart: “But why don’t you believe me about the world?”
Me: “Because you are wrong most the time in those matters. Look I know you are good at what you are good at, but my brain is also good at what it is good at.”
Heart: “Well what do you think I am good at?”
Me: “You are good at motivation, helping me stay principled. While my brain is good at guiding, defining and improving, validating feelings and principals and desires. You are good at making them. If I care about anything it comes from you guided by my brain.”
Heart: “OH OK I guess that’s fair.”


No comments:

Post a Comment